Thursday 26 January 2012

Ilustrations for Angela Carter's THE BLOODY CHAMBER

These are the images I created for the Folio Society and the House Of Illustration's Book Ilustration competition for this year.

The brief was to complete an illustration for three short stories in Angela Carter's "The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories" along with a front cover for the book. The stories selected  were "The Bloody Chamber", "Puss In Boots" and "The Company Of Wolves".

I'd never read any Angela Carter before but a couple of people had mentioned to me in the past that they could see resonances of her work in some of my paintings (I work in a bookshop so have a lot of friends who are much better read than me). I loved the book and will be reading all her other work as well as revisiting the stories in this collection.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wonderful art <3

Google Analytics Tracking Code